This trip was cast in doubt this spring when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. That's a whole different story but the prognosis is very good and surgery is planned for September. God has answered so many prayers, several in the last week, as we have prepared for this trip. God has provided for this trip is beautiful ways that have given me confidence to know I'm right where I'm supposed to be.
Today, MKK camp starts with 20ish junior high and high school students. I'm teaching the first and last sessions, James is leading games and participating. Both of us hope to build friendships with these students and love them like Jesus. Already I'm hearing stories of how they have been forgotten and ignored by the world, even by their guardians. I'm eager to help them see they are valued by God and by us.
No comments:
Post a Comment